Tuesday 2 December 2008

Behindologisms

Yes. I proudly filled in another page of my personal World Guinness Records book today.
Page 4.
Between George W. Bush (which is officially appointed as The man with the-most-similar-gaze-to-a-pigeon-I-have-ever-seen-in-my-life Of The World, and the Pakistan obese guy who owns the 24h shop on the corner of my street, which proudly owns the record for the most goldbejewelled-human-hand-which-doesn't-belong-to-Medjugorje's-Holy-Mary of the World:
I saw The Man with the Weirdest Eyebrows of the Solar System. They curled up on their own in the middle!!
Nevermind.

I would have rather played doctor with Edward Scissorhands than going home with this cold outside, but..here I am. The only thought I still have to write an essay on The American Imaginary of Native Americans is fucking me over. (I guess I could have said this in a more elegant way)

Can I do it on Pocahontas? Why a whole exam on Americanisms?

Maybe I just have a distorted perception of the States.

These years may have been an exception. After almost a decade of the-man-with-the-most-similar-gaze-to-a-pigeon-of-the-world leadership we finally came to a turning point: Obama and McCain.
Come on, who would you have expected to win? I was thrilled.
On one side him. Beautiful, charming, smiling, clever, whatever. And tanned. Love at first sight.
And on the other a drooly old chap who was campaigning with a If I win then good, if I don't I'll go back home to smoke some weasels out written on his forehead.
But Supernigga won. I look at him and feel some hope. Can't help it. I look at his charismatic perfection and think about a sort of Supernigga messiah. Save us all, please. Tell me that we can.

He won America, the country of obese and madmen, CSI and Paris Hilton.
He won the country which can still be that America. The one I can't remember.
He won the world, for now.

What should I say? Maybe because I am a pessimist, a nihilist. Maybe because I love Karl Kraus so much and I am a fucking Behindolog. But while everybody enjoys I shiver. And think about thinking, and who will save the world next time.
We have too many expectations. After all he's just a man. After all, Montaigne was right.


Even on the highest throne in the world, we are still sitting on our ass.


2.09. Goodnight folks.


1 comment:

Nogbad said...

I doooooooooooooo hope you are going to do some blogging about the course too? It makes it so much easier for me to give you marks :-)